ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT. THE INDIVIDUAL OPENING THIS PACKAGE (THE “USER”) AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OUTLINED HEREIN.
PRODUCT INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS OF USE
BASE360 Inc (BASE360) PROTECTIVE CLOTHING (the “Product”) is designed and manufactured to minimize preventable injuries. The Product incorporates the use of cut resistant fabrics and/ or fibers that have been tested according to the impact cut resistance test established under the international standard EN388 and/ or ASTM 1790. Cut resistant standards may vary by product, and the consumer must understand which product meets their requirements. BASE360 will have no accountability in determining what levels of resistance are required for any individual consumer or association
BASE360 will not accept any liability for any injuries obtained while wearing the Product. The User assumes all risk of loss or damage to persons or property arising from the use of the Product. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, BASE360’s liability for negligence or wilful action and any injury, death, or damage to property that may arise, shall be limited to a refund of the amount paid for the Product.
Furthermore, Users of the Product should be aware of the following:
- BASE360 protective products have been tested against the Hockey Canada adopted standard of BNQ (Bureau de Normalisation du Quebec) standard for neck protectors for hockey and ringette players - CAN/BNQ 9415-370.
- BASE360 products have also been tested against international standards such as the EN388 and ASTM 1790. The EN388 Level 2 Standard cut index is a standard currently established internationally for ISU competition; however, the user should be aware this standard may be changed at any time and it is the user’s responsibility to ensure the protective products meet their requirements and standards at the relevant time. Meeting any of these standards does not imply that risk of injury is mitigated.
- The Product is designed to protect against lacerations from the User’s skates or someone else’s skates while involved in practice or competition. However, the Product is only designed to minimize the chance of injury from lacerations; it does not eliminate the risk of laceration. The Product is designed to protect against lacerations from other sharp objects in the course of duty or work. However, the Product is only designed to minimize the chance of injury from lacerations; it does not eliminate the risk of laceration. BASE360 does not and cannot warrant against type or severity of threat.
- The Product is manufactured for cut resistance and may not protect against punctures or stabs.
- The Product is designed to protect against lacerations on the parts of the body identified as “areas of risk” by the respective profession, sport or based on common knowledge. The Products is not designed to protect against lacerations to other parts of the body.
- The Product may fail due to excessive wear or repeated stress or cutting in a particular area.
- The Product should not be exposed to direct sunlight for an extended period of time.
- The strength of the protective fibers can be reduced by exposure to chlorine bleach, therefore it is imperative that the owner follow the care instructions provided with the Product.
- If the Product is not properly fitted, is not worn correctly or is improperly cared for, the degree of protection can be significantly reduced.
- It is the responsibility of the User to regularly, and after every use, inspect the Product for signs of abrasion, wear, stress and/or damage to the fibers that may result in the loss of the integrity of the Product.
Please follow the care instructions as outlined on the garment label.
- Do not use chlorine bleach
- Do not use fabric softener
- Do not iron
- Machine wash cold